Head: MSc. NGUYEN VAN TOAN
Deputy Head: LE THI MINH PHUONG
To advise and assist the President on the management and organization of activities related to students and graduate students (hereinafter collectively referred to as students): the work of ideological and political education; records management; implement the regimes, policies, commendation and discipline; consulting and supporting students and other activities.
- Develop and submit to the President for the approval of the program of political education work, ideology and ethical qualities for learners; student management.
- Develop and submit to the President for promulgation specific regulations on student management of VNU-HCM, Ministry of Education and Training applied at UIT.
- Propagate, organize and implement political - ideological, traditional, revolutionary ideals, laws, ethics, lifestyles and skills for students; organize and propagate among students policies and guidelines of the Party and policies, laws of the State, regulations and directives of the Education and Training sector, of VNU and UIT. Organize the "Citizen Activity Week" for students at the beginning of the year, the beginning of the course and the end of the course.
- Preside over the work of receiving, supporting matriculated students for the training systems.
- Manage the organization of activities of daily activities, Academic advisors - homeroom teachers, class staff.
- Preside and coordinate with functional units to organize the opening ceremony and graduation ceremony for UIT's training systems.
- Manage student's records, statistics, and synthesize data (under managing Department). Confirm the papers for students and students. Provide documents and information about the student's work to agencies and units outside UIT when directed by the President.
- Implement the State regimes and policies for students on scholarships, social allowances, educational incentives, training credits and other regimes relating to its students.
- Collaborate with other units to find, manage, exploit and allocate scholarships, off-budget support for students and other sources for student activities.
- Guide and organize the evaluation of students' training results. Coordinate with other departments to monitor the progress of each student, statistical data of students ... serve the reporting and evaluation of students in the training process.
- Propose rewarding and disciplinary proposals for students in accordance with the Student Work Regulations. Collaborate with relevant units to solve cases that occur related to students.
- Support units, coordinate to organize students' activities in scientific research, academic activities, Olympic examinations of subjects and other study encouragement activities for students.
- Create favorable conditions for students to participate in the Party and mass organizations at UIT; coordinate with Ho Chi Minh’s Communist Youth Union, Student Union and other socio-political organizations involved in student's movement activities, create conditions for students to have an environment of training and striving.
- Regularly grasp and synthesize the ideological situation of students, promptly report to the Party Committee, the Board of Presidents and proactively propose guidelines and reasonable measures to deal with related issues. Organize periodic talks and dialogues between students and UIT’s leaders about UIT's training activities.
- Actively coordinate and cooperate with units and businesses to capture recruitment and employment needs; organize student support activities; monitor the situation of students having jobs after graduation.
- Contact, organize, and manage student support activities (skills, jobs, internships, career support advice ...).
- Collaborate with academic advisor team - homeroom teachers and other units to help students in making and controlling their study plans to achieve the goals and output standards of UIT.
- Preside over the work of supporting students who are at risk of being academically handled.
- Build and develop the former student organization of UIT.
- Perform inpatient and outpatient students according to regulations to ensure that students have conditions to eat, live, travel and study well.
- Organize and create conditions for students to participate in fine literary activities.
- Organize the implementation and implementation of work and projects related to students' work when assigned by the President.
- Print officials and employees' cards and SV cards.
- Monitor UIT’s health. Preside over the implementation of student service activities such as insurance, health care for students ...
- Act as a focal point to carry out the assessment of students' work annually according to regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training and VNUHCM.