On July 27, 2017, at VNU-HCM operator house, VNU-HCM held the ceremony to announce the decision of VNU-HCM's Director on the appointment and reappointment of Vice President of University of Information Technology (VNU-HCM) and University of Economics - Law.
PGS.TS. Huỳnh Thành Đạt gives the decision to the new Vice Presidents
Accordingly, Assoc. Prof. Vu Duc Lung was reappointed Vice President of UIT; Dr. Nguyen Tan Tran Minh Khang, Head of Office of Equipment Management of UIT was appointed as Vice President of UIT
On this occasion, UIT and UEL signed a memorandum of cooperation between the two universities on the following contents:
- Cooperating in e-commerce, exchanging lecturers to teach subjects;
- Recogniting of equivalent course results in a discussion program between the two universities;
- Allowing students of each university to study a number of subjects at the other but the total does not exceed 10% of the credits of each program of each university;
- Establishing the project team of bi-degree and completing the project in 2017 to enroll students for the 2018-2019 academic year;
- Conducting transfer technology systems, management software of both sides (management of science and technology, training, management of students, etc.);
- Research cooperation in the field of e-commerce and jointly organize scientific seminars on relevant issues
- Encouraging and supporting the students of both schools to set up scientific research groups and start-up businesses in the field of e-commerce.
Speaking at the ceremony, Assoc. Prof. Huynh Thanh Dat congratulated the new Vice-Presidents of the two universities with the expectation that in their new position, the new vice-presidents will together with the Presidents and staffs of the universities promote the spirit of solidarity, raising the sense of responsibility, continue to strive to complete well assigned tasks, building the universities increasingly developed to new heights.
Assoc. Prof. Huynh Thanh Dat congratulated the two universities for their cooperation and believed that the cooperation will bring new opportunities for lecturers and students of the two universities. VNU-HCM highly appreciates cooperation in the common use of human resources and facilities in order to create high quality human resources with deep knowledge and skills to meet the challenge of globalization currently. VNU-HCM expects the two universities to continue to have long-term and comprehensive cooperation, exploit and make full use of the resources of the two sides and the VNU-HCM system, helping to spread better, develop and promote more effective the relationship of the members of VNU-HCM with each other.
News and photos: Dang Van Em